[Spice-devel] steal me mouse

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:08:48 PST 2011

Hi Guys,

Scientific Linux 6.2 x64
host: kvm
guests: fc15 x64, XP-Pro x32, W7 x32
spice 0.8.x

To my consternation, I have found that if I mouse over my guest's SPICEc
I will loose my mouse until the guest machine boots to the point that
its mouse
driver get enabled.  Then I get my mouse back.

Well now, my guest does not always boot up (what me screw things up?!?!?).
The only way I can get my mouse back is <ctrl><f2> to open a command
prompt, then "virch -l" to get my ID and "virsh destroy ID".  Then
to get back to my GUI.  Total pain in the neck.

Is there some easier to get my mouse back when this happens?

Also, is this a know bug or just a screw up on my part?

Many thanks,