[Spice-devel] About spice usb redirection

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:23:09 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Hans de Goede  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/30/2011 11:45 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Hans de Goede  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing the usb code, and many thanks for the 2 bug reports!
>>
>> hello,
>> is usb redirection testing possible with a system configured with
>> fedora 15 + virt-preview repo? And in this case any hint on setting up
>> the test in terms of vm configuration inside virt-manager and other
>> things?
>> Or does it need git versions?
>
> virt-preview *should* have all the necessary bits. See here for testing
> instructions:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsbNetworkRedirection
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Until today I had no much time to test... sorry for delay
But today I verified its functionality on my updated F15 host
+virt-preview repo and following instructions of the link provided
Guests tested successfully are:
- win7 32bit
- f16 tc1 64bit

Nice functionality ;-)
Tested both auto gain by guest while focus in it and gain by host if
no focus in guest.
Not tested over network: what ports should I open at host side for testing this?
Is spicy for windows available freely to test it too?

Are the xml parts expected to be added by default in F16 final by
virt-manager itself? Or do they have to be manually entered...?

Gianluca