[Spice-devel] osx2x and spice?

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 11:27:43 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:08:17AM -0700, Curtis Doty wrote:
>    Has anyone tinkered with adding spice protocol support to osx2x?
>    [1]http://digitalflapjack.com/osx2x/
>    ../C

The description sounds like synergy. Not sure what the point would be -
unless you had a physical machine on your desk that was providing
keyboard/mouse via spice protocol, which I don't know of any. I don't
understand the VNC usage, unless it relies on sharing (which spice does
support experimentally with 0.9.0+) and you have a vncviewer running on
one of your non mac monitors? i.e something like this:

Mac
 osx2x
  connects to VNC server, activates when mouse passes screen edge.
Computer 2
 VNC server
 VNC client running for display only

You could do the same with spice, yeah. Is that what you are talking
about?