[Spice-devel] Video frame dropping

Andrea Celestino celestino.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:28:10 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have a question about video frame dropping on server side. Inside the
function red_send_stream_data(), if the condition:

if(time_now - agent->last_send_time < (1000 * 1000 * 1000) / agent->fps)

is TRUE, the video frame is dropped and then it will be not sent to the
client. Shortly, if a frame arrive too early, it will be dropped.
This condition is independent from the bandwidth. I would like to know why
these frames are dropped anyway, if I have good bandwidth?
agent->fps is 30.

Thanks.