[Spice-devel] systemd -> consolekit, spice-vdagent questions

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 07:26:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

The spice guest agent for Linux consists of a system level
process (a daemon) and a per session process (started for
each active xsession).

Currently the linux spice-vdagent is using ConsoleKit to
figure out (for the first seat, it assumes a vm is single seat):

1) Which session is active (including notification of when this changes)
2) Which session each session agent process belongs too

It needs this to figure out to which session agent process to send
copy/paste requests for copy paste between the active session in
the guest and the client.

I've not really searched all that well I must admit, and surprisingly,
I've thus been unable to find low level docs of how this all works
in the systemd replaces consolekit world.

Currently the spice-vdagent makes the following dbus calls, to achieve
the 2 items above:

1) org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat -> GetActiveSession
2) org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager -> GetSessionForUnixProcess

And it listens to the org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Seat -> ActiveSessionChanged
signal.

What are the equivalents for these now ?

Regards,

Hans