[Spice-devel] [RFC] server: add main_dispatcher

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Sep 18 12:53:32 PDT 2011

On Thu, 08.09.11 02:24, Marc-André Lureau (marcandre.lureau at gmail.com) wrote:

> Lennart, I wonder what today you think about it, if there is any
> drawback or improvements. ie would you use it again?

I'd always go for socketpair() unless you have a really really good
reason to go for atomic op stuff. Atomic ops are messy, difficult, not
portable to weird archs, and so on. socketpair() is a nice API, atomic
ops are messy. So unless you do audio stuff avoid them.

(Sorry for the late response, been travelling)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.