[Spice-devel] Thin client vendors supporting Spice

Jacek Skowronek jacek_skowronek at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:22:51 PDT 2012

Dave and others,

Thanks for info on SPICE support in thin client vendors. After some digging this is the status:
IGEL has a thin client called UD5 which supports 2560x1600 and supports SPICE
The same for Wyse, e.g. for the Z90S7 client.

However, both of those do that through DisplayPort and not DVI.

10Zig 6000 series clients appears to support Spice with max 1920x1080 resolution.

Oracle is an interesting case. Their Sun Ray 3 client appears to support 2560x1600 through DVI.
Does anybody know if it supports Spice? It appears to have a somewhat different software architecture
(no Linux or Windows as OS, but their own Sun Ray client software).

I would appreciate any help and will report back the results of this quest.

As noted before we intend to do a hands-on eval of Spice on one of those clients next. This scan is
meant to give us the right choice for the test.

Cheers,

Jacek

Hi Jacek,

this is the reply I got from people who know more than me about the
subject.

> Hi David,
>
> Currently, IGEL supports SPICE client on both their Windows and Linux
> platforms and of course, SPICE is supported on any other WES7, XPe
> Windows-based platform. Wyse will be supporting on their Linux
> platform in the near future.
>
> Specifically for hi-resolution, RHEV 3 supports up to 2560x1600
> resolution. However, I'm not familiar with any thin clients that
> support that high natively. I believe IGEL and Wyse both natively
> scale to 1920x1200.

In addition to the vendors mentioned above, I'm also aware of 10Zig thin
clients: http://www.10zig.com/news/press-releases/redhat.php

David

JackSko píše v Čt 05. 04. 2012 v 21:46 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to evaluate SPICE for a product design. Any hints on
> which thin client vendors and products support SPICE with high-res
> screens? I have seen IGEL supports SPICE and Wyse claims to, but
> nothing concrete in terms of models.
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated...
>
> Jacek Skowronek
>
> Architect at Thales

David Jaša, RHCE

SPICE QE based in Brno
GPG Key:     22C33E24
Fingerprint: 513A 060B D1B4 2A72 7F0D 0278 B125 CD00 22C3 3E24