[Spice-devel] usbredir and channel

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 02:32:54 PST 2012

Hi,

On 02/10/2012 10:19 AM, nicolas prochazka wrote:
> Hello,
> I understand that when I plug an usb token, spice client ( spicy)
> create a new connection ( channel) to spice server and destroy it when unplug

Correct.

> Is it possible to create this channel before usb plug, for example when spicy is starting ?

ATM now, but your mail has made me re-think this. Given that ovirt uses
spice in combination with temp passwords and password expiration the current
model won't work in that case! So it is time for me to re-think this. Luckily the
usbredir protocol itself and the qemu side already allow re-using an existing
connection for multiple devices, so (in theory) this requires only client side
changes. Looks like you've found a new item to put on my to do list, and one
which will get added at the top of my list. So I'll be working on this for the
coming week or so. Hopefully in a week there will be a new client which opens
the usb channels only once, at the same time as the other channels are opened.

Regards,

Hans