[Spice-devel] Windows binary download?

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:49:15 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM, George Pyle <laxgoober at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a binary download of spice-gtk for Windows. I don't have a Windows
> development system but was asked for a Windows client. I only saw an older,
> non-gtk windows download. Or at least that is what I thought I saw.

There is no official release yet. This is high in our priorities, so
watch the download page, it should come in the next months.

You can try this fresh build:
http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/virt-viewer-0.4.2.exe

It includes some recent fixes from glib, spice-gtk and virt-viewer.

You should be able to test the client with a URI such as
\virt-viewer\bin\remote-viewer.exe spice://uri?port=x

(that installer doesn't include RHEV portal integration atm)

We will welcome any feedback, thanks!

--
Marc-André Lureau