[Spice-devel] spice configuration - problem with connection

Daniel Parnak daniel.parnak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:03:19 PST 2012

In procesor settings (VMware 8) I've chose INtel VT-x/EPT
then I did modprobe kvm-intel
lsmod shows kvm
after it command qemu-kvm is working, but only when I start vm without
option -spice (qemu-kvm -cdrom /tmp/Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso -hda
/tmp/fedora.qcow -boot d -net nic -net user -m 1024 -vga qxl) vm starts,
I've even connection with world, but not with host (ping doesn't work)
when I use qemu-kvm -cdrom /tmp/Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso -hda
/tmp/fedora.qcow -boot d -net nic -net user -m 1024 -vga qxl -spice
port=5930,disable-ticketing there only shows:
do_spice_init: starting 0.10.1
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_KEYBOARD
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_MOUSE
spice_server_add_interface: SPICE_INTERFACE_QXL
red_worker_main: begin
display_channel_create: create display channel
cursor_channel_create: create cursor channel

but vm doesn't start