[Spice-devel] Windows binary download?

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 06:08:43 PST 2012

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> On 2/14/2012 6:44 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> (sadly, with the old win32 spicec implementation, --secure-channels
> main,display,inputs,cursor,playback,record did not work...something
> about mismatched SSL versions.)

Spice-gtk doesn't have similar option, as it automatically try unsecure and then secure, since channel type can only be on one of the two. I can imagine it could be interesting to have this option to add a run-time check that the channels are really secure when you requested it. Feel free to open a bug if you want such check.

> How do I do something similar with virt-viewer (or is it
> remote-viewer)?

remote-viewer spice://localhost?port=5900&tls-port=5901

>  It seems that, other than --host-subject, all the connection data
> should be part of the (undocumented) "URI" command line argument --
> except there appears to be no way to specify the spice connection
> password.

there is a bunch of spice options, check "--help-spice" list, including --spice-host-subject.

> Side notes:
> 1) for spicec I installed spice_truststore.pem in /c/Documents and
> Settings/$USER/Application Data/spicec/  Is that the same for win32
> gtk-spice?

You can specify --spice-ca-file or it will use this code by default:

114     if (ca_file == NULL) {
115         const char *homedir = g_getenv("HOME");
116         if (!homedir)
117             homedir = g_get_home_dir();
118         ca_file = g_strdup_printf("%s/.spicec/spice_truststore.pem", homedir);
119     }

Which I am not sure what it translates to for Windows. We may want to have a more common and defined path instead of reusing spicec one.

> 2) what's this about -d turning off "automatic tunnels"?
> Auto-tunnelling
> sounds...interesting.

It's not used by remote-viewer actually, but virt-viewer is able to open ssh tunnels when needed.