[Spice-devel] SPICY with usb redirection webcam

Jackson jyhyen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 16:54:35 PDT 2012

I use spicy to connect to a VM supporting usb redirection, but there are some
problems with usb webcam.

Plug in the webcam with usb redirection and then, I open the webcam application
(ex: skype or amcap); however, the VM only shows the first view and stop running.
The client and the VM are almost shutdown. Some information shows:

(spicy:4075): GSpice-CRITICAL **: usbredirhost error: iso stream error on
endpoint 81: 2

(spicy:4075): GSpice-CRITICAL **: usbredirhost error: iso stream error on
endpoint 81: 2

(spicy:4075): GSpice-CRITICAL **: usbredirhost error: iso stream error on
endpoint 81: 2
libusb:error [libusb_cancel_transfer] cancel transfer failed error -5
libusb:warning [handle_timeout] async cancel failed -5 errno=22
libusb:error [libusb_cancel_transfer] cancel transfer failed error -5
libusb:warning [handle_timeout] async cancel failed -5 errno=22
libusb:error [libusb_cancel_transfer] cancel transfer failed error -5
libusb:warning [handle_timeout] async cancel failed -5 errno=22

I built the spice as this following blog post
Howto build qemu + spice with usbredirection from source
http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/

anyone knows?