[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] seamless migration with spice

Yonit Halperin yhalperi at redhat.com
Sun Mar 11 12:11:23 PDT 2012

Hi.
On 03/11/2012 05:36 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 03/11/2012 10:25 AM, Alon Levy wrote:

>>> We need to fix async monitor commands. Luiz sent a note our to
>>> qemu-devel recently on this topic.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure we'll get there for 1.1 but if we do a 3 month release
>>> cycle for 1.2, then that's a pretty reasonable target IMHO.
>>
>> What about the second part? it's independant of the async issue.
>
> Isn't this a client problem? The client has this state, no?

No, part of the data is server specific.

> If the state is stored in the server, wouldn't it be marshaled as part
> of the server's migration state?

We currently don't restore the server state. That is the problem we want
to solve.
I meant that the server state can be marshaled from the source to the
client, and from the client to the destination. The client serves as the
mediator.
Another option that we thought about was using save/load vmstate.

Regards,
Yonit.