[Spice-devel] [Qemu-devel] seamless migration with spice

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 04:45:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:34:42PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On 03/12/12 12:29, Alon Levy wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:26:50AM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> >>   Hi,

> >> I think for the agent case this isn't needed.  Or is every client
> >> allowed to speak to the agent in case of multiple clients connected?  I
> >> somehow doubt this can work as the agent protocol can't multicast ...
> >>

> > Actually the agent protocol does extend nicely to multiple clients - I
> > forgot the name but there is an additional wrapper between the
> > client/server originating message and the guest received message, that
> > is currently used for server or client originating messages, and can be
> > reused to have multiple in flight different client messages.
>
> I think you'll have issues in the layer above though.  Two spice clients
> doing cut+paste operations at the same time?  Two spice clients
> requesting different screen resolutions?

Yeah, you're right of course, this needs to be dealt with somehow.
 cut+paste: maps nicely to a number of different buffers. Would need
 some policy, and the session agent becomes closer to a buffer manager.
 resolutions: again policy, perhaps have a master client, or if none
 defined let the last or just the first choose. Not sure.

But these issues don't need to be solved now, do they?