[Spice-devel] [bug spice-gtk] spice-gtk memory leak

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:24:50 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM, 徐舫 <xufango at gmail.com> wrote:
> But the allocated memory does not free.

According to massif, the memory usage becomes stable, but your
backtrace is correct, the biggest offender is image cache, which can
top 150mb. I am not very familiar with the caching logic, so I can't
say whether this can be tuned to limit to a given amount. It could
also be that spice-gtk cache is buggy, because spicec seems to use a
little bit less (50mb). But I do tests manually, so my empirical
results may vary.

Also, running spicy under valgrind leak check tool shows quite clearly
that there is nothing being leaked directly from spice-gtk, it seems.

regards

--
Marc-André Lureau