[Spice-devel] [protocol RFC 2/2] protocol: add SPICE_DISPLAY_CAP_HEAD

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon May 7 05:08:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 01:43:58PM +0200, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Signifies that the client will support any SpiceDisplayMsgHead sent.
>
> What happens if the server has the capability but not the client?
>
> Should the client show the whole primary surface with its multiple
> heads, or quit with an error? Can the server do something to limit the
> primary surface to a single screen in this case, would that be
> preferable?

I talked about this in the patch, my idea in this case is to have
another interrupt source (INTERRUPT_CLIENT) and to add a QXLClient
struct with the client capabilities. The interrupt indicates a change to
the struct which the driver needs to parse. It sees that the new client
does not support the SPICE_DISPLAY_HEAD capability, and would reduce the
number of heads to 1 (by disconnecting the rest), and make the primary
equal to the only head size.