[Spice-devel] Javascript client update, next steps

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Sun May 13 07:38:15 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:21:33PM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> Attached is a first pass implementation of a Javascript client for Spice.
>
> It's really only good as a proof of concept right now, and it currently
> only works 'reliably' in Firefox.
>
> The enclosed README discusses how to get it up and running if you'd like
> to try it.  The enclosed TODO lists the (many!) things that would need to
> be done to make it a fully functional client.
>
> If folks would like me to submit this as a patch to the spice project,
> just let me know which repo and what directory, and I'll do so.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

 Some usage notes:
  - linux works nicely. Speed is an issue - I haven't done any
    benchmarking.
    Some keys are not working correctly, and I get messages from the at
    keyboard kernel driver in dmesg about them:

May 13 15:59:53 qxldrm kernel: [22857.328929] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x6c on isa0060/serio0).
May 13 15:59:53 qxldrm kernel: [22857.328936] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes 6c <keycode>' to make it known.

  - windows vm works, but all the bitmaps are rendered upside down. Some
    not at the correct place. I know this is not a priority for you,
    just fyi. Mouse works fine. Speed is a major issue as well.

Alon