[Spice-devel] spice windows client

joris joris at ideeel.nl
Tue May 15 07:10:53 PDT 2012

 Dear list

 most likely I'm doing something stupid, but i searched all over google
 and cannot find the answer. I also looked through the docs on the spice
 website and still nothing. The problem however is quite simple. I
 downloaded the spice client
 (http://spice-space.org/download/binaries/spice-client-win32-0.6.3.zip)
 which I assumed was as installer. This program however fails to start
 either on win7-64 or winXP-32. In both cases the problem was that
 libcelt_0_5_1 was absent. To me it almost seems that what I downloaded
 was not an installer (that would include libcelt) but the actual runtime
 binary that should be applyed on top of a full installation. I also
 install the guest tool
 (http://spice-space.org/download/binaries/spice-guest-tools-0.1.exe) but
 that did not improve the situation.

 Can someone indicate what I'm doing wrong? Do I need another package to
 install? Is there a separate windows installer for LibCelt that is
 required? I really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

 thanks for your time
 Joris