[Spice-devel] Question about qxl ram allocation

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Tue May 29 04:28:50 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 07:06:05PM +0800, Zhou Peng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we know, 64M is default for qxl ram size.

The default memory is 128MiB, not 64MiB - it's the sum of two 64 MiB
bars, the size of each is settable. There is no help in the man page
that I can find, the best you could do to figure it out would have been
looking at the source :/

The two variables are ram_size and vram_size, for the RAM bar and VRAM
bar.

-global qxl-vga.ram_size=size1 -global qxl-vga.vram_size=size2