[Spice-devel] Very poor performance on KVM with Ubuntu 12.10 guest

Jodi Curtis jodi.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:07:30 PST 2012

Hi

I'm going to file two new items on the board

1. Regarding the keymap (as at this point I do not know how to go about
identifying the cause)

2. Regarding the ongoing TLS issue

RE: performance, I am not sure how graphics are rendered, the server has
poor graphics capability, so I don't know how this affects the guest, I
have a powerful desktop graphics card.

Problems are limited to menu's of some apps, such as Code::Blocks, and
other non-lightweight apps, I can investigate resources, but given it seems
to be limited to the GUI it is probably an emulation related thing.

Out of the box Xubuntu performs better than on ESX4.1 (but this is without
any paravirtual drivers installed on ESX)

I read Ubuntu has all the drivers installed, but I noticed a package in
source format on spice-space, I don't know if it is worth building the
package for Xubuntu or if it is already done.

Neither of these are crucial right now, as I am setting up other software
on another non-graphical guest, and can get away without it,

I will apply all security later, its all local