[Spice-devel] remote-viewer "kiosk-mode"

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 00:43:46 PDT 2012

Hey,

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 02:22:07PM +0200, Trebor Forban wrote:
> Hello spice developers,
>
> I'd like to be able to configure various features/options/parameters
> of remote-viewer.
>
> Can someone possibly tell me if the following options can be realized/set
> with remote-viewer at present, or, if not, whether they may be considered
> for a future version:
>
>    1. Configure grab-keyboard/grab-mouse.

What do you want to configure exactly?

>    2. Disable the sending of acpi/power-off information to the guest
>        when a user "powers-off/resets" the "physical client".

Imo this would be better done on the host (or on the guest?) not sure it's
currently possible

>    3. Disable or redefine "special key combinations"  shift+F11 etc.

You can do that through the controller interface (used by spice-xpi for
example).

>    4. Disable the window-menu completely.

Which one? The menu to maximize/close/... remote-viewer window?

>    5. Disable the "pop-down-menu" in "--full-sceen" mode.

I don't think this is possible.

What are you trying to achieve exactly? Locked down clients which start in
fullscreen, and from which the user cannot go out?