[Spice-devel] spice from windows

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 01:45:04 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 02:34:11PM +0430, alireza sadeh seighalan wrote:
> how can i access to spice  from a windows client ? i could connect to ovirt
> manager from firefox (on a windows system) but i couldnt see spice icon. in
> linux we can install spice-xpi but how can i access it from windows? thanks
> in advance

This is more a question for the ovirt people, but you can find a Windows
client in https://fedorahosted.org/released/virt-viewer/
Then with a recent enough oVirt version (3.2 I think), if you go to the
console options (the '...' button next to the console one in the user
portal, in the admin portal it's in the context menu of running VMs), and
you can check 'Native client' in the 'Console invocation' section. This
should give you a way to connect to the VM on Windows.