[Spice-devel] Build windows virt-viewr

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 01:51:55 PST 2013

Hi Lindsay,

----- Original Message -----
> On 10 December 2013 11:11, Lindsay Mathieson
> <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9 December 2013 21:54, Marc-André Lureau <mlureau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I've got mingw32-spice-gtk and virt-viewer configured/build, but am
> > having problems with the install and dependant dlls. Have been
> > following the instructions from here:
> >
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-October/011206.html
> >
> > make install DESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp
> > makensis data/virt-viewer.nsis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp
> >
> > but the second step results in:
> >

> > File: "deps.txt" -> no files found.
> > Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
> >    /oname=outfile one_file_only)
> > Error in script "data/virt-viewer.nsis" on line 65 -- aborting creation
> process
> >

> > I did a search, there is no deps.txt file.
>

> I built it! and got it installed on windows - and it fixed the Caret
> problem I was having! (cursor on black blackround).
>
> Changes:
>   "makensis data/virt-viewer.nsis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp"
>
> should be
>
>   makensis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp data/virt-viewer.nsis

I glad you made it through!

"make nsis" should have worked too, but we are in the process of deprecating
the NSIS installer, in favour of more robust and more correct MSI installer.
That's why they were a couple of missing dlls.

make -C data msi should build the MSI, hopefully without missing dlls.

cheers