[Spice-devel] Disappearing mouse cursor in Autocad 2006 drawing window in WinXP VM with Spice+QXL video driver

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Feb 10 11:24:22 PST 2013

10.02.2013 22:50, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru> wrote:
>> 10.02.2013 11:51, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>>>
>>> libvirt 0.9.12-6
>>> qemu-kvm 1.1.2+dfsg-5
>>> libspice-server1 0.11.0-1
>>
>> That's debian wheezy.  Can you check whenever the latest releases of the
>> software in question -- spice and qemu -- exposes the same issue?
>> spice 0.12 and qemu 1.4rc0 are available in debian experimental.
>
> Thank you very much. I upgraded spice and qemu (and libvirt too,
> actually) to the ones in experimental.

(libvirt will be pulled too since more recent qemu breaks older libvirt)

>> If the issue is still present there, it needs to be debugged.  If not,
>> maybe you can help with finding which change fixed it so we can apply
>> it to wheezy version.
>
> The issue seems to be fixed! Thanks a lot. I'm afraid I don't have

That's excellent to know, thank you!

> continuous access to this specific VM, so this is actually non-trivial
> (it's not my machine, it's my father's). I will try and copy the VM
> over to one of my development machines and see if I can setup a build
> system to do some bisecting.

For now we don't even know what is broken - was it spice or qemu.
Maybe upgrading to -experimental qemu was a wrong suggestion --
trying out just libspice-server1 to see if that's enough, for a
start, should be much better.  But oh well.

At any rate, the most important thing is that the problem is now
fixed.

/mjt