[Spice-devel] cut/paste failure on Windows 7 guest

Han Pilmeyer pilux at pilmeyer.nl
Wed Jan 23 04:10:15 PST 2013

On 23/01/2013 11:01, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

>> >I'm afraid so Christophe.
> For what it's worth, Cole Robinson was kind enough to respin a virtio-win
> ISO with updated drivers.
I'm really happy that Cole made available the latest Windows drivers.
However, as a naïve Fedora user, this is really confusing. For as far as
I can tell the virtio-win package is no longer shipping with Fedora.
Also the iso that Cole created has the latest drivers, but it does not
include vdagent/vdservice or the QXL driver. This means that if you want
to add a Windows guest under KVM, you need to get your guest tools from
multiple sources. You can never really be sure which versions work
together. At the moment I guess the combination of spice-guest-tools-0.3
and this latest virtio-win-0.1-52 would be the best combination.

May I humbly suggest again that the guest tools are supplied in one kit
with a unique version number? Or is this asking too much? ;-)