[Spice-devel] [video-qxl 2/2] Default to only one head, not 4.

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 02:54:56 PST 2013

Hi,

On 01/23/2013 07:07 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>>> I currently have qemu-1.3 + spice server 0.12-2, with spice client gtk
>>> and virt-viewer from git tip of yesterday.  I am running a fully up to
>>> date fc18 guest.
>>
>> Hmm that should be new enough I think...
>>
>>> I launch qemu from the command line, adding the -global qxl-vga.revision
>>> flag as you suggested.  I still don't see the extra displays show up.
>>>
>>> Anything else?
>>
>> What is your qemu cmdline ? Have you enabled:
>> 1) spice as display protocol (-spice)
>> 2) qxl as vga adapter (-vga qxl)
>> 3) The spice agent chardevice (see below)
>
> Here's my command line:
>
> qemu-system-x86_64 -machine accel=kvm:tcg -cpu kvm64 -m 1G -hda
> fedora18.qcow2 \
>      -usb -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing -vga qxl \
>      -global qxl-vga.revision=4 \
>      -device virtio-serial \
>      -chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,name=vdagent \
>      -device virtserialport,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0
>
> Any chance I've got a configure glitch?  I've checked my config.log
> outputs and haven't seen anything obvious, but perhaps I'm compiling
> the feature out.

You need to have the latest spice-protocol and spice-server headers
installed when building qemu, maybe you build them in the wrong order?

Also replying to your next mail here as it is related:

On 01/23/2013 07:47 PM, Jeremy White wrote:> Aha!  I built a qxl_driver from git tip, put that on my fc18 guest, and
 > now I see 4 displays in my drop down list.
 >
 > (I had mistakenly presumed that by up to date fc18 guest, you wanted
 > those stock qxl packages, but the fc18 qxl driver is fairly old).

Hmm, I would expect the stock fc18 to work actually ...  Any chance you
perhaps also rebuild qemu between the 2 tries ?

/me goes and checks F-18 as guest (I've been using F-17 with qxl-drv + agent from git sofar)

Regards,

Hans