[Spice-devel] settings for qxl memory size

Davide Canova davide.canova at heliman.it
Thu Jan 24 13:13:59 PST 2013

2013/1/24 Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com>:
>> Is the amount of MB in the first 3 lines as expected? In another test
>> I tried 16M for both qxl-vga.ram_size and qxl-vga.vram_size but these
>> lines didn't change.
>
> No, it isn't, good that you noticed (bad that I didn't). vram/64 can be (should be - no driver knows how to map it yet unless you changed it) zero but vram/32 should be > 0. How are the bars allocated? is it seabios or something else? if seabios can you enable debugging messages by adding the following to qemu command line (again - this is upstream, I have no idea how it works with xen): -chardev
> stdio,id=seabios -device isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=seabios

Yes, it is seabios, but I can't pass those arguments: qemu invocation
fails with "qemu-system-i386: -chardev stdio,id=seabios: invalid
option". I tried both qemu 1.3.0 and 1.4 from git. I'm trying to
understand if the problem is in the interaction with xen.
I'll post the debugging messages as soon as it works, thanks,
DC