[Spice-devel] win-xp: uninstalling spice-guest-tools

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 03:54:14 PDT 2013

Hey,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:15:10PM +0200, Peter Münster wrote:
> I've installed spice-guest-tools
> (http://spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.59.exe)
> on my Win-XP guest (qemu running on GNU/Linux). But unfortunately USB is
> no more working: whenever I start qemu with option "-usb", Windows
> hangs.

And this was working before the installation of the guest drivers? I'm
surprised these interact with -usb.

> How could I revert the installation of the spice-guest-tools please?

I'd check in the device manager if drivers for the various virtio* devices
are still there, and remove them by hand.

> Any help would be very welcome, USB is important to me.
> Please tell me, if you need further information.

Have you tried using spice USB redirection? I think this works without
using -usb.