[Spice-devel] USB redirected wacom tablet

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 07:06:33 PDT 2013

Hans, Arnon, Marc-André et al.,

how difficult would be for spice-gtk to capture wacom-specific events
[1] and for spice-vdagent to pass them to the guest? Would that need
changes to spice-server & spice-protocol too?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=How_Wacom_tablets_work#USB_Tablets

Tomáši,

I'm afraid that you can't get rid of the cursor lag when using
redirected device as the client has no knowledge about it so it can't
display it right away so you're stuck with server cursor mode -that
means that the cursor position has to reach the VM, spice-server has to
render it and then it must be transmitted over the networks. So it takes
whole roundtrip from pointer position change to visual feedback and I
can't see any way around that but the spice components awareness of
wacom devices as above...

David