[Spice-devel] Spice for commercial use

bruce bushby bruce.bushby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:11:01 PST 2013

not sure how many people have actually tried this....but I ran a little
test the other day.

Laptop (fedora 18)
Server (fedora 18) ...running a windows7 guest.

*All qemu, libvirt and spice packages were Fedora defaults....as in what
you find in the standard repo.

I took my laptop to my brothers house (5 miles away) and used "spicec" to
connect to my windows7 guest...."shift+F11" to full screen and launched a
720p HD movie via VLC (running in the windows guest)......  if you've not
seen it before it'll take your breath away  :)))))   ....it's not 100%
perfect....but it's at least 98% perfect.

...yes we both have virgin media broadband (UK) .... BUT ping response
times are in the 20ms

After that test, I've been working day and night designing a spice thin
client (hardware) because it's obvious that the way the "majority" of
people use a PC's is about to change.

Bruce