[Spice-devel] [spice-xpi 0/6] Make xulrunner optional

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 02:16:39 PDT 2013

Hey,

My spice-xpi patch series was initially dropping the dependency
on xulrunner totally, however I realized it's not much harder to make
this support optional and only require xulrunner in order to assemble
a .xpi package from the built plugin. As I'm not sure yet what is the
best way to distribute the plugin, I opted to keep support for building
the .xpi for now, but we can drop it later if we no longer want it.

This series starts with a few more cleanups of the build system, and
drops support for xulrunner older than 1.9.1 (which is already quite old),
and then goes on to make it optional.
This series also replaces patches 8/9 and 9/9 of the previous series as
the configure.ac changes from 9/9 moved to 3/6 in this series, and after
that move, the npapi switch was small enough to be made in a single patch.

Next series will be moving some linux-specific code to use glib/gio so
that it can work on Windows as well.