[Spice-devel] R: Re: Fwd: Re: Spice agenti service on windows 7

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed May 1 09:37:01 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 04:46:08PM +0300, agilboa at redhat.com wrote:
> On 05/01/2013 03:36 PM, Ignazio.cassano wrote:
> >
> >Last time I tested it with windows 8 it got an installation error .
> >
> vdagent/vdservice & virtio-serial driver support Win8. only qxl
> driver doesn't.
> sure you can use vdagent without using qxl, but i have no idea if
> spice-guest-tools installer supports this case.
> Christophe?

Win8 is not supported by the installer at the moment for not so good
reasons: we need to detect the OS version to pick the right drivers to
install, but the nsis version in f18 did not have the needed macros for
Win8 detection. In addition to that, I think the virtio-win 0.59 ISO does
not contain Win8 builds of the drivers. Maybe this is all fixed in f19,
I'll have to check...