[Spice-devel] Broken xf86-video-qxl commit

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon May 20 15:12:33 PDT 2013

This commit:

commit 3e37b2c38f661b0b8e285cfa7f0549aa3d216eb5
Author: Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com>
Date:   Thu May 9 13:43:57 2013 +1000

    qxl: add KMS support v1.2

    Avoid DRI create busid symbol for now.
    fix warnings.

Creates this error for me:

qxl.h:189:21: fatal error: qxl_drm.h: No such file or directory

This appears to be because I don't have a very recent mesa/drm.  I'm not
sure what the best fix is; I would think we could detect my 'old'
environment at configure time.  Perhaps my environment was deceptive.

Also, forgive me if I missed it, but I do not see that patch posted
anywhere publicly; it appears to have just been silently pushed.  Full
disclosure, I probably wouldn't have reviewed it either way, but it
seems like a bad habit to encourage.  So consider this a grumping <grin>.

Cheers,

Jeremy