[Spice-devel] spice-gtk on MAC OSX

Mario Lombardo ml at kernelobjects.org
Mon Oct 7 11:55:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just compiled the spice-gtk client (spicy) on OSX
(http://www.spice-space.org/page/OSX_Client/Build).

I am able to connect to the spice server using this client but it is
more slow than any VNC client I know.

I looked into the code and found two different places where this client
seems to be different than the x11 or GDI versions:

1.) It uses sw_canvas.c
2.) It uses spice-widget-cairo.c

Is it possible that the slow rendering results in the execution time one
of those two files? Which investigation would make more sense: Would it
be better to provide a SDL cairo version or should it accelerate the
client when there is a canvas option optimized for OSX (quarz I guess)?
Is it possible to test the gl canvas on OSX? I didn´t found anything
about the gl implementation in the configure script.

Thank you.

Mario