[Spice-devel] hardcoded NUM_DRAWABLES too small

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Oct 9 11:01:38 CEST 2013

I just detected that my simple spiceterm  generates more than
1000 drawables, so alloc_drawable() always fail.

The effect is that I always draw twice (on server and at client)!

I guess one would see the same effect when running a xterm inside a VM, because
a terminal has a size of 80x25 characters, which gives 2000 different regions.

What is the suggested way to avoid such things?

Also, I don't think I need the rendered content on the server side for spiceterm (why?).
So is it possible to disable server side rendering at all?