[Spice-devel] [patch 2/2] send KEYVAL messages if agent has VD_AGENT_CAP_KEYVAL

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Wed Oct 9 22:13:30 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> > >      switch (key->type) {
> > >      case GDK_KEY_PRESS:
> > > +        flags |= VD_AGENT_KEYVAL_FLAG_DOWN;
> > > +        spice_main_send_keyval(d->main, key->keyval, flags);
> >
> > This is the wrong place if you want to avoid the key repeatition issue
> > solved by
> > "send_key" (synthesize press_and_release).
>
> I want to get key repetition message here!

Can you be more precise? As you can read in spice-gtk code, send_key() is still doing some filtering of gtk key events, not directly sending them as Spice events:

send_key() synthesize DOWN|UP messages (as a scancode chunk), so server receives an atomically DOWN|UP event, to avoid spurious key repeatition due to network delay between messages.