[Spice-devel] [patch 0/2] vdagent KEYVAL extension

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Oct 10 06:35:36 CEST 2013

> > So what happens if you connect to a VM from client with different
> > keyboard layout than specified inside the VM?
>
> Just like with a guest, Spice sends hw scancode, and it's converted by the
> server/application side.

Ok, I will try to explain the problem again.

Spice/qemu currently assumes that the keymap on the remote keyboard has the same
keymap as the keyboard configured inside the VM. This assumption is simply wrong
in many situations.

Example: german keymap at client, us keymap inside VM

If I connect using remote-viewer and press key 'Z', I finally get an 'Y' inside the VM.

This behavior is simply a bug, and I would like to fix that.

But further discussions makes no sense if you think this is correct behavior?