[Spice-devel] Asking for help on SPICE

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 06:35:22 PDT 2014

Hi Yoann,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 03:12:15PM +0200, Yoann Dandine wrote:
> I'm a student in internship at the moment, I have to use KVM to
> virtualize some desktops, then I'm trying to use SPICE to get their
> screen. Everything is working properly when I run it on the host
> machine by typing "spicec -h localhost -p 5900" but why it doesn't
> work when I go "spicec -h local.ip.host.machine -p 5900" (on the host
> machine too)? Obviously the remote computers on the network can't
> connect with the same command.

I'd recommend that you use remote-viewer (shipped with the virt-viewer
package) as a client instead of spicec.
You probably did not tell qemu/spice that it should listen on more than
localhost:
- -spice port=5900,addr=0.0.0.0 if you start qemu by hand
- <graphics type='spice' autoport='yes' listen='0.0.0.0'> if you use
  libvirt (which I strongly recommend)

Christophoe