[Spice-devel] Dead lock in usbredir

Fabio Fantoni fantonifabio at tiscali.it
Thu Dec 18 07:20:36 PST 2014

Il 17/12/2014 10:38, Fabio Fantoni ha scritto:
> Il 16/12/2014 20:58, Hans de Goede ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 12/16/2014 04:55 PM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Thanks to the detailed description. Adding Hans to cc: since he knows
>>> USB redirection the best.
>> This is only a problem with libusb on windows, there is a patch-set at
>> the
>> upstream libusb mailinglist to stop libusb from taking the eventlock
>> on urb
>> submission, as that is something which it should not do.
> I have probably similar problem, after updating spice-server (from git
> for test lz4 support), spice-gtk, virt-viewer and usbredir (all to
> latest stable version) I also have always qemu crash with a deadlock on
> latest log line when I remove an usb device on both remote-viewer and spicy.
> I use ubuntu 14.04 as client with updated packages from this ppa:
> https://launchpad.net/~fantonifabio/+archive/ubuntu/backports
> Here the backtrace of qemu crash:
> http://pastebin.com/WasuR0WX
> Another strange thing is spicy-stats segfault refering to usbredir also
> without any usb devices redirected, here a backtrace:
> http://pastebin.com/2uTXUY5h
>
> Can you take a look to this problem please?
>
> If you need more informations/tests tell me and I'll post them.

I did another tests with different qemu, usbredir and spice versions and
the result is that seems a regression in spice beetween tag v0.12.5 and
commit b532ef0866cefe260ad0f08550f7c40d3580d0d7
I take a fast look of possible commit cause of regression without find
it, someone can tell a probable commit/s or regression where try a
bisect if needed?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.