[Spice-devel] Building Spice in an IDE

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 07:06:39 PST 2014

On 02/01/2014 12:54 AM, Wade Johnson wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to build Spice in Eclipse and make a test environment, but
> I am having some issues mostly with some dependencies not being resolved,
> and some constant definitions not being found. Are there any pointers or
> build guides to getting Spice set up in Eclipse that you guys have?

I haven't tried doing that. If you are building spice-server you need to
do "git submodule init; git submodule update" and you need to install
some dependencies - pixman mainly, opus.

In summary, if you post a specific error message it would help. The wiki
has the development instructions here:
http://www.spice-space.org/page/Building_Instructions (pointed to from
main page via http://www.spice-space.org/page/DeveloperStartPage)