[Spice-devel] [patch] Add missing format string in SpiceController::~SpiceController()

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Jan 2 14:56:10 PST 2014

[Christophe Fergeau]
> Hey Petter,

Hi. :)

> Hmm, G_STRFUNC should expand to __PRETTY_FUNC or something similar, so the
> compiler should be able to figure out it's a constant string/harmless
> string. I haven't been able to reproduce on a ppc box after adding -Wformat
> -Werror=format-security to the build flags :( Could be that I built with a
> different glib version (glib2 2.36.3) or gcc version (gcc 4.8.2).

The build log is available from
if you want to have a closer look.

> With that said, the patch is small enough that I'm fine with taking
> it.

Great!

In the mean time I have discovered that spice-client is not built on
anything but i386 and amd64 in Debian, so the powerpc build of spice-xpi
is less important than I thought it was. :) I hope it will change in the
future. :)

Btw, how come spice is not listed on
could use static code checking to keep security issues out. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen