[Spice-devel] Wiki cleanup

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Sep 29 08:44:03 PDT 2014

On 09/29/2014 08:09 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 07:30:02AM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
>> If we do keep a static component, I'd suggest we establish a git tree with
>> git hooks that auto update (ala Github sites).
>
> I suspect this means the git server must be close/on the same server as
> spice-space.org?

That's easiest, sure, but a remote ssh/pubkey pull should work fine as
well, afaik.

>> And have patches and/or commit access to that tree be welcome.
>
> If the git repository is on freedesktop, giving commit access could be
> tricky (as in 'slow'). If it's on spice-space.org, should be doable, but
> someone has to do the setup...

I don't know that granting commit access needs to be fast.  The main
material change would be sending the signal 'patches welcome'.  (Of
course, odds are you'll get 0 submitted patches :-/).

I'm happy to do the leg work on the commit hooks, if that would help.

Cheers,

Jeremy