[Spice-devel] [xf86-video-qxl v6] Enable smartcard support for XSpice.

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 8 06:53:38 PST 2015

>>> 2. What happens if h->length == 0 ?
>>
>> Note that I believe that could only occur in the case of a malicious or
>> buggy packet.  By inspection, I believe the code will all function
>> correctly; passing a 0 length atr along.
>
> Is this to the card (hardware) or back? if to, can't this be used by a
> driver to wakeup a card (i.e. dropping it will have adverse affects)?

I believe that the VSC_ATR is sent at only one place, from the gtk
client to the remote side  (I believe it's both for power on and reset).
  But my inspection suggests the code path (through vreader_power_on)
always retrieves the atr before sending it.  So I'm pretty sure that the
atr is always non zero length.

Cheers,

Jeremy