[Spice-devel] Patch to support LZ4 compression algorithm‏‏

Javier Celaya javier.celaya at flexvm.es
Wed Jan 14 03:38:51 PST 2015

El Miércoles, 14 de enero de 2015 12:30:50 Fabio Fantoni escribió:
> I tested them and I not found crash or regression for now.
> Seems have solved the 2 crash cases I reported, thanks.
> Should be good resend them directly to mailing list instead as attachments
> for review and add them upstream.

OK

> Since lz4 is restricted to rgb only format, is possible know how much is
> used lz4 and how much lz instead?

You can build spice-server with compression statistics. Uncomment line 94:

//#define COMPRESS_STAT

Then, run QEMU with the environment variable SPICE_DEBUG_LEVEL=4. When the
Spice client disconnects, QEMU will show a table with statistics of all the
compression algorithms used during the session. In my tests, LZ4 was used 99%
of the time.

Thanks for your help