[Spice-devel] When will next version of SPICE Server be released?

Javier Celaya javier.celaya at flexvdi.com
Mon Jun 8 08:34:04 PDT 2015

El Lunes, 8 de junio de 2015 17:12:21 Christophe Fergeau escribió:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 05:02:29PM +0200, Javier Celaya wrote:
> > Good feature indeed  In fact, my patch to the qemu list to include lz4 in
> > the -spice  command line option has not prospered yet. Maybe, with a
> > numbered version that supports the SPICE_IMAGE_COMPRESS_LZ4 constant,
> > they will accept it.--
> Did you get complaints that it was not in a released version?
>
> Christophe

Sorry, now I see that problem was already solved. But they complained about not
having a way for libvirt (or any other software calling qemu) to discover whether a
certain binary of qemu supported the lz4 option. I supposed that was just a comment
about something that had to be done in the short future, because it involved other
options too. But the discussion stopped there, and I forgot about it until today. I'll try to
refloat that discussion.--

[1] [2]
*Javier Celaya *
/Software Engineer /