[Spice-devel] Question about remote access for a physical machine

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:06:20 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM, jpc00939 <jpc00939 at aliyun.com> wrote:
> I am very curious about wether the feature that remote access for the
> physical machine is included.
> I have got some problem right now in remote access for physical machine.
> Hope that spice can work.
> If it is convienent for you. Thanks for replying me to give some
> information. I will be appricate.

Yes, it is possible.
You'll have to login via SSH, for example, and start a X user session
within your login.

You cannot share a physical and virtual console, as you can with x11vnc [1].

So, for Xspice on a 'physical' host it would be something like this
(do note: I'm writing this by memory, some errors may exist).

Xspice --disable-ticketing :3 --port 6000 --deferred-fps 15
DISPLAY=:3 dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session

Brief notes:
* uptime of Xspice appeared to not be infinite, around 1 week
* you'll have no 3D acceleration.
* you can try to have 3D accelleration playing with VirtualGL, but I
only got graphics corruption.

[1] http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/#faq-userlogin

--
Pedro