[Spice-devel] How to get running WebDAV?

Alf G. alfg1010 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 17 02:59:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've tried to work with shared directories but without any success.

My config:
Host: Fedora 21 with the newest @virtualization packages from the normal
repository
VM1: Fedora 22 Alpha with the newest spice-webdavd and I have added the
spice-webdav channel via virt-manager
VM2: Windows 7 x64 with newest webdavd.msi (spice-webdav channel added via
virt-manager, too)
Client: Fedora 21 with virt-viewer 2.0 and spice-gtk 0.28 builded with
WebDAV support (builded by myself, not from repo)

Now I connect with remote-viewer --spice-shared-dir=/home/user/test.
In VM1 I can't see any shared folder in Nautilus (section Networks). I
tried both, add port 9843 to firewall and shutdown firewall. But nothing
happens.

In VM2 I tried to start map-device.bat but it just shows something like
"net connect localhost:9843" for ca. 30 seconds and then the window closes
and nothing happens. Firewall is disabled.

Any hints?