[Spice-devel] Add option to make possible streaming setting change client-side for each session

Fabio Fantoni fantonifabio at tiscali.it
Fri Nov 27 02:14:44 PST 2015

Il 27/11/2015 09:14, Victor Toso ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 10:55:56AM +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>> Actually it is possible to setting streaming option server-side only and
>> that is applied for any session.
>> I think it would be a good option to have streaming session also
>> client-side; like "preferred compression", for example "preferred
>> streaming".
>> In my case I will have streaming disabled in lan with thin client and
>> enabled with vp8 from wan with spice web client (when will support it)
>> if will be as good (or better) as virt-viewer.
>> Someone on this?
> Indeed, if it is possible to change the streaming in gstreamer.
> But I don't think it will be as simple as the preferred compression.
>
> First things first. The gstreamer patches are not up yet.

What I mean is adding for example
--spice-preferred-streaming=<off,all,filter> for the session that will
opened by the client instead of using the server-side value, I think
should be possible even now, isn't it?
When gstreamer patches will be accepted probably can be good add also
something like
--spice-preferred-video-codecs=encoder:codec[;encoder2:codec2] to change
also corrispective server type of encoder and codec to be used for the
session that will be open by the client.
What do you think about it?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for bad english.