[Swfdec] PPC/Kubuntu documentation

Richard Revis richard at revis.org
Tue Apr 17 11:32:57 PDT 2007

I installed swfdec and the Firefox plugin on a PPC machine today and
documented the steps. I realise that since it is currently targetted at
developers you might not want install steps on your website of course, but in
case it is useful you can find it here. (Permission granted for the swfdec
project to use however they like etc etc.)

http://www.revis.co.uk/site/?q=node/139

The instructions are generic enough that they should also work for x86 users.

For your interest, with the current 0.43 build:

It compiles with no errors.
Installs fine.
Works with simple flash.
Does not work with the Macromedia installation test website (black screen).
Does not work with Youtube (displays controls but jumps to end screen).
Works with flashblock :)

Thank you for all the work you have put into it.

~RR