[Swfdec] PPC/Kubuntu documentation

Richard Revis richard at revis.org
Thu Apr 19 11:44:44 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 09:34, you wrote:

> Looks nice, if you now registered yourself on the Swfdec Wiki and added
> them (with a link from the frontpage), that would be awesome.

Done (and tried to make them a little more generic) :)

> There's
> always people who want to test the Git version.

Haven't added git instructions yet. I will do give it a go and add them as
soon as this machine is upgraded to Feisty (this week probably).

> It does work with Youtube, but only if you make sure that the Youtube URL
> does not contain any additional stuff. IE
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_Y-dDzvGY
> works, but
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_Y-dDzvGY&mode=related&search=
> does not. That's a bug I figured out an hour ago. It's fixed in Git.

For the 0.43 tarball on PPC - this works when the page is refreshed. Will
check it with the git version and see if it's still the case.

When playing back videos from Youtube it hits 100% CPU and then stutters
badly. This seems to be a plugin issue as the same video (downloaded with
video downloader) plays fine with swfplay. (1.5 ghz G4, 1.25gb ram.) I'll try
again with the git version as soon as it's installed.

Richard